Writing Partner for SFF MG+YA

I’ve done numerous rounds of critique partner matches on Twitter. I’ve had more failures than successes. Anything I learned from the experience is the reason why my post is a little sparse right now.

Q: Name or pen name
**A:**For now I prefer to go with my user name here LittleLibra.

Q: Audience or category of your writing, if applicable:
**A:**I write mainly middle grade but I’ve dabbled in young adult.

Q: Genre of your writing, if applicable:
**A:**I read a little bit of everything but I prefer to write science fiction and fantasy.

Q: What would you like your partner to do?
**A:**I’m looking for someone patient who won’t mind reading the same material at least a couple of times. I’m looking for someone who is open to SFF based in a different culture. In my situation that would be West Africa. I can get more specific if needed later. My weaknesses are setting and character development. If both aren’t your strengths it’s not a deal breaker.

Q: What are you willing to do for your partner?
**A:**I like to think I’m good at analyzing plot and pacing and can help with those. I’m striving to improve my writing skills overall so I might be able to offer more than I think I can right now.

Q: How quickly you would ideally like to work with your partner?
**A:**I have kids so my pace is actually a little slow and I don’t expect anything different from a potential partner.

Q: Your location, if applicable:
**A:**Southwest side of the US

Q: Please describe your project in 500 words or less, or paste a sample here!
**A:**I’m going to share my first lines but I will share more if I find a potential partner.
This is from a book I’m getting ready to query:
The large bus ran over potholes. Amele’s whole body bobbed along with the motion, but she didn’t blink, her wide brown eyes gazing out the window into the night.

This one is from a book in the planning stage:
The church bell clanged and Adjo’s dirt caked fingers slipped.

1 Like

Hello- are you still looking for a writing partner? I would be very interested. I think your work sounds very interesting.

Hello.
Yes I’m still looking.
Here is my email: ankz272(at)gmail(dot)com
What is yours?

My email is chegilson[at]gmail [dot]com

Can’t wait to hear from you :slight_smile:

Thank you! I emailed you at that address.

Are you still looking for a writing partnership? I didn’t want to just add your email without asking first. :joy:

Hi did you find a writing partner? I’m having trouble setting up a new post requesting both a writing partner for new work and critique partner for previous work.

Hello Daisylove,
Is the question for me? Or CheG? Or Jenni?

Hi Libra… it’s for anyone as i can’t seem to set up my now request and there doesn’t seems be many people here…I would love to find a writing partner and also critique partner… thanks

pardon the spelling as the email function on this is so odd, it’s so faint i can’t read it…

Daisylove,
No worries.
I just wanted to make sure first.
You’re welcome to email me at
ankz272(at)gmail(dot)com
We can exchange queries, first 2 chapters, etc… And go from there.

I have a group on the discoed app, if you are interested that is a writers group if you would like to join