Searching for a Picture Book Partner

Hello! My name is MaryAnn and I am looking for a partner to give me some feedback on several picture books I have been working on. I recently retired after teaching kindergarten for 30 years and have been gathering ideas over the years for books. I love to teach reading and writing and so many of my topics revolve around some of the basic concepts of print.

Q: Name or pen name
A: MaryAnn

Q: Audience or category of your writing, if applicable:
**A:**Picture books–early readers

Q: Genre of your writing, if applicable:
A:

Q: What would you like your partner to do?
A: I would love feedback on the flow of my books and general feedback.

Q: What are you willing to do for your partner?
A: I am happy to read your stories and give my feedback, general or specific!

Q: How quickly you would ideally like to work with your partner?
**A:**I don’t have a specific timeline–I’m retired!

Q: Your location, if applicable:
A: I live in Littleton, Colorado

Q: Please describe your project in 500 words or less, or paste a sample here!
A: My first book is about letters. I use the story to encourage children to look around for letters and think about what makes them unique.

I’m happy to offer feedback and do picture book swaps. I haven’t used this forum before though and am not sure how it works. Do we exchange email addresses?

Hello! I’m excited to see your work. Good question… I haven’t used this forum either so I’m not sure how it works! I’m trying to figure out a way to private message.

Hello,
This is in response to your post. I was wondering if your offer still remains open, because I am looking out for potential picture book critiquers, so it would be great if we agreed to critique each other’s pieces. I live outside USA, though I was brought up on US children’s books.

Thank you!
Dj120

Hello,
Just passing through but in case you don’t know, it appears you have to unlock the ability to send DMs by leveling up.
When you look on your profile there should be a message from the bot. That message explains everything. :slight_smile:

Hi MaryAnn. I am new to this group, I think due to our new way of life, staying inside, more writing workshops, opportunities are showing up everywhere online! Anyway, I am not sure if we’d be a good fit, but I will leave it up to you, just that I write rhyming picture books(only), so I would say yes to me if this is a style you like to critique. Your post caught my eye, as I live in Colorado Springs! I would be happy to exchange critiques for WIPs that we have, hope I would have the experience and knowledge to provide you helpful feedback. So just let me know what you think, or if you already have someone, that’s fine too. I have been writing just for a few years, more seriously for maybe 1-2 yes, working toward getting an agent, and something published. I am a member of SCBWI, have attended some local workshops, online workshops, and I am in a online rhyming picture book critique group, we meet monthly, but I think another person to add feedback, give feedback would be good! Thanks!

Okay, now that I’ve sent my email, I can see other responses you’ve gotten, but let me know response, I can also look for partners who mention rhyming in their posts, if needed.

Hi! My name is Kathy and I have been in a picture Book critique group for a couple of years. I have several books I have been working on. I like to try rhyming and would be interested in feedback regarding this. Please let me know if there is an opening in a critique group and how it works. Thanks! Kathy

Hi there, I am a new picture book writer and have written a couple of manuscripts that I would love some feedback on as well and willing to return the favor!